Terms and Conditions
1. By using the Card, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Card must be activated in accordance with Morling’s instructions before use. Once a Card has been activated neither it, nor the contract between you and the college is transferable. The Card may only be used by the person who’s name is on the card.
2. The Card is a Morling card that can be used for purchasing goods and services within campus grounds or through electronic web submission. The Card is not a credit card and a credit must be applied before use. Morling staff or contractors may impose limits on the use of your Card. If you have a complaint or concern about goods or services purchased with your Card, you must resolve this directly with the appropriate Morling staff member or contractor. Any refunds on Card transactions can only be processed by administrative staff. Refunds will be in the form of a credit to the Card. If the Card expires or is revoked before you have spent any funds resulting from a refund (whether or not the original transaction was made using the Card) then you will have no access to those funds.
3. The Card cannot be used to obtain or redeem cash. You may use the Card as often as you like until the available balance is spent or the Card has expired. The available balance cannot be exceeded. A transaction will not be possible where the cost exceeds the available balance. The Card can be used on more than one occasion but cannot be used to make transactions that exceed the available balance.
4. The Card is reloadable and is valid until the expiry date shown on the front of the Card and cannot be used after expiry. Any remaining balance on the card at expiry will be forfeited. We will not give you any notice before this happens.
5. The balance available on the card can be used to settle library fines without the cardholders prior knowledge or approval.
6. All library fines will be deducted directly from the available Card balance at the time the transaction or action is carried out.
7. Is there is an insufficient balance available on the Card the account may become locked, preventing the cardholder from performing other transactions or using library services until the library fine(s) is settled.
8. You are liable for all transactions on the Card, except where there has been fraud or negligence by the college. If your Card has been lost or stolen, or if you believe an error has occurred in relation to your Card or the Card has been misused, please see the administrative staff as soon as possible.
9. To protect your Card, you should:
a. Carry it with you whenever you can;
b. Regularly check that you still have your Card and check your transaction history online; and
c. Not allow anyone else to use the Card.
10. You are responsible for checking your transaction history online and knowing your available balance. You can check your balance and transaction history at morling.edu.au/monitor free of charge
11. The college may restrict or stop the use of the Card if suspicious activities are noticed.
12. The college reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Except where we are required by a law or a Code to do so, you will not receive advance personal notice of such changes. Changes will be notified via morling.edu.au/monitor or by using another method that the law or relevant Code allows or requires us to use.
13. If we fail to exercise or delay in exercising any of our rights under these Conditions of Use, that failure or delay does not constitute a waiver of our rights.